General Elections Information
For the 2017-18 elections all offices and positions are open, including the Executive Board and the new Representative Council. All are for one-year terms except Vice-President and Treasurer, which are for two-year terms. Terms are to begin June 1, 2018.
Offices and Positions
Executive Board: General duties and responsibilities are to support the day-to-day business of the organization as defined in the Bylaws and the Standing Rules. The Executive Board consists of 4 officers with 2-year offset terms (President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer) and 3 members-at-large with 1-year terms.
Representative Council: The policy-making body of the organization with duties as defined in the Bylaws and Standing Rules. Representatives are elected from each of 7 faculty units and 3 sites as defined below for 1-year terms. The number of representatives allowed per unit is defined in the Standing Rules and updated annually.
- Unit 1: Probationary 1st and 2nd year members
- Unit 2: Probationary 3rd and 4th year members
- Unit 3: 5-9 year members
- Unit 4: 10-14 year members
- Unit 5: 15-19 year members
- Unit 6: 20-24 year members
- Unit 7: Members with 25 or more years of service
- Site Reps (1 each): Hanford, Tulare, Visalia